Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Pay day.
- Saying the word “Bing” over and over again…
- Lucid dreaming.
- Getting a letter from someone special you’ve been thinking about.
- Waking up after a nightmare and being able to cuddle with the one you love.
- Pepperoni pizza with Jalapeno.
- Getting a surprise card from someone you love.
- Baby deer playing in a field with each other.
- Flowers in your greasy hair.
- Falling into strange artistic moods for several days.
- Enjoying a beer and some live jazz at some small club in New York.
- Warm towels after a shower.
- Laughing so hard, your stomach aches.
- Playing the cello, every day, rain or shine.
- Finding a really good pen and highlighter.