Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- The way you feel after an all-out crying fit.
- Listening to my 10 year old play and talk all by herself.
- Singing along (very loudly) to Rick Springfield (and other artists of the early ’80s) songs.
- Being in love with my husband as much today as when I first met him.
- Napping curled up with an infant.
- Skiing down a hill with 40cm powder-snow—wow.
- Reading in bed.
- Making love under the stars.
- Light drizzle on my face while driving.
- Having a complete stranger tell you you look nice.
- Your locker opening—in time for you to get to your next class!
- A balloon.
- Yelling at a crush just so they know they can’t overpower you, then bursting out into laughter mid yell- because he knows exactly what’s going on.
- Painting your toe nails like a rainbow.
- Drinking fresh squeeze orange juice.