Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Watching your 2 yr. old inbred dog fetch a stick for the first time.
- Discovering that the girl you’ve been jealous of really admires you.
- Setting the hook and knowing it is a big fish.
- Sending care packages to your only son when he goes off to college. For any celebration at all. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s day, St.Patrick’s day, whatever.
- Reading and re-reading all of Walker Percy’s novels.
- Wiener dogs.
- Buying gifts for the one you love.
- The couch, a quilt, the dogs, a good book and a gentle rain outside.
- Making friends all over the world and knowing that ‘one day’ you’ll meet them; dreaming of that day.
- Swimming in ice cold water and hold your breath as long as possible.
- Nostalgic conversations with high school friends.
- Making a submission to this site with your incredibly talented 12 year old daughter, and finding it after the latest update!!
- Having a pizza and must see tv night in your friends dorm room with 15 other people.
- Holding your young child in your arms and knowing that you love each other unconditionally.
- Just driving without any destination!