Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Holding your newborn baby for the first time.
- 4 day work weeks.
- The smell of coffee when you open a new can.
- Hugging my twins after their bath.
- Lucid dreaming.
- Having someone to come home to when you feel so lonely you want to cry.
- Seeing someone’s face light up after you give them a present.
- San Francisco on a beautiful, sunny day.
- Kissing prettiest girl in your school.
- Teaching kids how to swim and canoe at a summer camp.
- Learning something new at my age.
- Getting an unexpected inheritance.
- The realization that it’ll be spring.
- Studying hard and doing incredibly on a final!!!
- Visiting Papua-New Guinea for the first time.