Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Being in Cardiff Arms Park when Wales score against England in rugby.
- Finally benching more than your own (rather large) weight.
- Knowing you have the freedom to do what you want but knowing that everyone has to work for it!
- Eating a dozen donuts in the nude.
- Waking up not having anyone special, and going to bed believing you may have found her.
- Being 22 and still be able to look the stars with a 4 year old kid’s eyes.
- Your favorite pair of old, yet really comfortable jeans.
- Dean from “On the Road” by Jack Kerouac.
- Sniffing the first daffodil in the spring and noticing the “spring” smell in the air.
- When my 20 year old son called me at work and said, “Is this the lady that makes the best peanut butter eggs in the world?…Can I have some?”.
- Watching kids growing up. Not your own, of course!
- Eating two large pizzas.
- Having A Spring day in February, In Indiana.
- Calling an old high school friend and finding out that they still like the same things that interest you.
- Seeing the first rose bud come out on the rosebush you got as a gift.