Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Acting in the theater.
- Seeing a shooting star.
- Being the ACC champs.
- Surfing a 16 knots under spinnaker in Bullwinkle.
- Rolling in snow after jumping out of a hot tub, totally naked.
- Finding out your wife is pregnant.
- Having a copper behind you thinking he’s going to pull you over when he passes you and pulls the guy in front of you over.
- Listening to your favorite CD after a hard workday.
- Finding a really close parking space when you have a lot to carry!!
- Going home at the end of a gruesome day at work, and being greeted by a hug, a cup of tea and a waggy dog.
- Cooking your lover’s favourite dish and watching him enjoy it thoroughly (And making love after that).
- Our first Christmas together!
- Conversing, haltingly and tentatively, in a language other than your native one.
- Finally getting off a bus with a really bad driver.
- Going for a walk without a jacket on the first warm day of spring.