Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Surfing a 16 knots under spinnaker in Bullwinkle.
- My daughter’s happiness when she got a scholarship.
- Realize that you have about 60 wonderful years still to live.
- On the first day of your summer break, reading a book that will change your life.
- Feeling the tinge of breath after my exams.
- Fixing you car all by yourself and it really runs better.
- Soaking in a warm relaxing bubble bath by scented candlelight after a hard day of volleyball.
- Making my son a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that he actually eats.
- After scoring the winning 3 pointer in a basketball game.
- Actually dancing with someone at a school dance.
- Watching a little bird have a bath in a puddle.
- Going on stage and receiving your high school diploma.
- Sitting on the front porch swing on a cool summer night.
- Night swimming with your best friend and the guys that you both like.