Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Listening to loud music.
- Watching your teenage son hit a homerun in baseball.
- A rainbow in front of a dark sky.
- A back scratch.
- Catching a brook trout with your bare hand for the first time.
- Changing seasons. Realising that nothing stays the same forever. (That soon I’ll be complaining of the cold and my US friends of the heat!!!).
- Finding a flower on your car from someone you care about.
- A new mountain bike.
- Completing a hard climb after several attempts!
- Having the traffic count on my home page double in size.
- Fixing a door that has been sticking for years.
- A note, hidden in my lunch, by my 9 year old daughter telling me to have a nice day and that she loves me!
- Letting my dog take me for a walk.
- Floating on my back in a pool, watching cotton-puff clouds move lazily across a vibrant blue sky.
- Breaking 2 boards with one kick, even though you thought you couldn’t.