Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Mini-reunions with your friends and loved ones when you’re away at school.
- Taking off my shoes.
- Playing one of Chopin`s Nocturnes at midnight.
- An early morning drive and breathing fresh chilled air first thing in the morning.
- Watching Wildlife.
- When your 5 year old sister calls to say she misses you.
- Watching ducks swim around in a pond on a cool summer day.
- Nutmeg, frothy, cappuccinos.
- Watching new twin fawns playing on the lawn.
- Playing the slot machines; knowing you have money.
- Eating Jay’s potato chips and a Snickers candy bar together.
- Playing “Taps” on Memorial Day and watching the freshly laid wreaths float away in the Pacific Ocean.
- Hitting a 3 pointer in a basketball game to win the championship.
- Walking out the door to start your vacation.
- Playing cards in the theatre green room as you’re waiting to go on for a performance in front of hundreds of people you’ve never met.