Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Seeing the Grand Canyon.
- Sleep after a stressful day.
- When my kids sit down and talk with me without the tv.
- Listening to Sepultura on a brand new subwoofer.
- Wind whistling in pines and distant calling crows.
- Cooking Chili!
- Fresh cut grass at Yankee Stadium.
- Floating on your back in the warm water of the Tropics.
- Florence, Italy—alone.
- Brushing your wet hair and finding no tangles. Orion in the desert sky.
- Jon playing the song he wrote just for you on your birthday.
- Reading poetry that makes you cry.
- Having a sort-of friend call you and tell you that she just won two free Bush tickets and she wants you, YOU to go with her.
- Deep breathing, sighing silently in a hammock.