Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Friday Evening or whenever your “Friday” is.
- Waking up naturally (no alarm clocks).
- Bungie Jumping!!!!
- Watching a old couples still loving each other after 40 years.
- Comfortable leather shoes.
- Reuniting with a childhood girlfriend & finding out that you have more in common than you thought.
- Learning to play an instrument.
- Overhearing the guy that I’ve been admiring softly whisper my name into the midnight sky just outside the ice skating rink. (The littlest things tend to make me swoon!).
- Watching trout swimming upstream in a spring swollen brook.
- A great idea.
- People on time, and with manners.
- The minutes after your babies are born.
- The gift of being the first one down the mountain after a fresh snowfall; quiet all around you, sparkly gemstones in the snow.
- Silence in cold winter.
- Walking in the woods at St Johns University in Collegeville, MN and seeing deer and they do not run away in fear.