Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Getting invited to a dance.
- Winning a game fairly.
- Playing pocket pool.
- Spending the day with my daughter and my one and only main squeeze!
- Sitting on a porch swing on a cold, clear winter night with nothing but your pj’s, a blanket and a mug of creamy, hot cocoa.
- Saying the name of the one you love.
- Finding a Snapple cap with a picture on the back.
- Waking up in the morning still lying in my darlings arms.
- The gift of being the first one down the mountain after a fresh snowfall; quiet all around you, sparkly gemstones in the snow.
- Piloting an airplane…on a clear night!
- Your boss says, “We’re all going home at noon!”.
- Passing notes in class.
- Being told that you have done an outstanding job raising your children.
- Being “pre-engaged”.