Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Seeing a shooting star.
- Having a Sunday all to yourself!
- Looking at the things God has done.
- Not giving a damn what anyone else thinks, and living life the way YOU want to, not to someone else’s messed up rules.
- Having a copper behind you thinking he’s going to pull you over when he passes you and pulls the guy in front of you over.
- Seeing your child born and realizing, my God, she looks like me.
- Realizing that a few friends will be there forever, no matter how far apart we are.
- Being by yourself for a week just thinking.
- Pink lemonade in the summertime.
- That first, reunited kiss at the airport-six months in the making!
- Giving driving lessons to the woman you adore.
- Drinking a home-made cup of espresso and watching your dogs play outside!
- Having a sort-of friend call you and tell you that she just won two free Bush tickets and she wants you, YOU to go with her.
- Taking a long train ride on a beautiful day in the countryside.
- Washing your hair in the rain!