Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Discovering a cozy cafe downtown that you’ve never been to.
- Lying down in the sand on the beach at night, looking up at the stars and convincing yourself you are actually looking down.
- Sitting on your front porch watching lightning in the distance.
- Having a friend’s child run to you with open arms and joy all over their face.
- Big bear hugs by your husband.
- Listening to him read poetry.
- Finally moving to a big, quiet apartment for the same rent as the small noisy one.
- Having all of your family under one roof, safe.
- Finally finding somebody to help put your lyrics to music, and maybe even start a band!
- Jumping on a 14-ft. trampoline outside on a warm spring morning.
- At the end of volleyball season, during the last game of the final round of tournaments, game point and your team is about to win, and realizing that this is what you worked your butt off for all season.
- Go down-hill skiing until your body feels like mush.
- Watching the X’s accumulate on your calendar—only 20 more days until you see HIM..then only 15….10….etc. :-).
- Making eye-contact with your crush in the hall, looking away, and when you look back, he’s still looking at you (yes, you!).
- The back of his neck….