Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Slow dancing to ‘Everything I Do’ with the one you love.
- A new job (with a good salary—of course!).
- Watching my five and ten year old grand daughters dance at their dance recital at Christmas time.
- Having the dignity not to take him back again.
- Fridays at 4:00!
- Going to the doctor, and finding out that this visit doesn’t need a copayment.
- Eating fresh baked bread w/strawberry jam in the rain, covered only by a gazebo.
- A nap on cool sheets after a day at the beach.
- Waking up from a deep sleep after a bout with the flu — and feeling clear-headed again.
- The gift of being the first one down the mountain after a fresh snowfall; quiet all around you, sparkly gemstones in the snow.
- Warm towels after a shower.
- Finding lovely old books in a charity shop and squirelling them home.
- Letting go of someone who hurt you, and through all the pain still knowing you did what was best.
- Getting an A+ in a language class, and it’s your fiance’s native language!