Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- A hydrocephalic boy (4 yrs.), cardiac arrest, successful CPR, the relief on his mom’s face.
- A perfect performance after a stinko rehearsal.
- Playing one of Chopin`s Nocturnes at midnight.
- Hearing the thunder of your Harley along a deserted rural country road decorated with the varicolored leaves of fall.
- Pay Day!!!
- Singing in a choir and getting it just right so that the hairs on the back of your neck stand up on end.
- Knowing that you are great because you were born in Chernovtsy :-).
- Your favorite song on the radio that you haven’t heard in ages.
- Death by chocolate!!
- Seeing the sky with a dark orange-y red sky behind with interspersed jet trails.
- A back scratch.
- My husband de-icing my car for me every morning.
- Being 22 years old and liking Winnie the Pooh!
- Playing the cello, every day, rain or shine.
- Touching someone’s arm just long enough for them to know how you feel.