Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Watching a candle burn.
- Slam Dunk 360 degrees.
- Finding a bathroom when you’ve been holding it for record time.
- Silently kayaking down the wild McCloud River.
- A cool breezy night.
- Comfortable leather shoes.
- The sunset over a group of trees next to a river.
- Sitting on the bus homebound after a day of hard work and gratefully realizing you are still alive.
- Visiting the home town where you grew up and realizing how much you have changed!
- A two hour lunch after a grueling morning at work.
- The majesty and complexity of Bach, the profundity and passion of Beethoven, the clarity and structure of Haydn, the humanity of Brahms, the romanticism of Tchaikovsky, and, above all, Mozart.
- Finding out who the secret Admirer is.
- Hitting a solid 5 iron within 2 feet of the pin.
- Buying a pair of purple satin trainers.
- Actually dancing with someone at a school dance.