Some time ago I conducted a project during which I asked visitors to my site to tell me what inspires them—things they consider “natural highs.” As a result of this effort, I’ve collected more than two thousand statements, which I am happy to present here.
So as not to overwhelm you, I’ve configured this page to display several such statements at random. You can see a new set by reloading the page.
- Making love in the rain during a long hot summer.
- An early morning drive and breathing fresh chilled air first thing in the morning.
- Enjoying pure silence with my latest obsession.
- Figuring out a name for a puppy.
- Standing on the summit of a snowy mountain on a bright winter’s day.
- Coming home from college and seeing your dog for the first time in five months.
- Having a day to yourself.
- Meeting a work deadline which no-one else on your team believed was possible.
- As a kid, it is gaining the respect of dults when you know something that they don’t know.
- Knowing that he whispered my name.
- Walking along a Nantucket beach in early morning gathering the “treasures” that washed ashore during the previous night’s storm.
- “Hitting” the good flea market very early Saturday morning.
- Understanding a concept the first time around.
- The first time your grandchild recognizes you and smiles radiantly.
- When you finally find a guy you never get sick of.