Here’s a listing of my 5 favorite on-line security articles, papers and blog posts that I read in the past week:
- Building a Social Networking Profile to Solicit Sensitive Information by Sabina Datcu
- 10 Threat Expectations for 2011 by Gunter Ollmann
- Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC) Used to Attack Websites by Vanja Svajcer
- Estimating Spammers’ Technical Capabilities and Pathways of Innovation by Russell Thomas
- Internet Explorer 9 ad blocking via “Tracing Protection” by Jeremiah Grossman
Also, during the past week I published the following posts:
- Predicting 2011 Information Security Trends
- Antivirus Vendors Consider Facebook Activity Protection
- Deception as a Network Defensive Technique - Exotic Liability Podcast
- Ease of Use as a Competitive Advantage for Security Products
Looking forward to next week!
For more recommendations, see my earlier security reads of the week.
Updated December 11, 2010