Here’s a listing of my 5 favorite on-line security articles, papers and blog posts that I read in the past week:
- Why Security Pros Fail (And What to Do About It) by Dan Lohrmann
- Malware Persistence in the Cloud by Greg Hoglund
- Decoding Prefetch Files for Forensic Purposes by Mark Wade
- Semipublic Password Dumps by Tod Beardsley
- React Faster and Better: Incident Response Gaps by Rich Mogull
Also, during the past week I published the following posts:
- Make Security Policies Harder to Read to Improve Retention?
- Deception Lessons for Information Security from World War II
- Strong Communication Skills: 10 Tips for IT Professionals
- Perception of Value in Security Consulting Projects
- 10 Information Security Mistakes: a False Sense of Security
Looking forward to next week!
For more recommendations, see my earlier security reads of the week.