Here’s a listing of my 5 favorite on-line security articles, papers and blog posts that I read in the past week:
- Security Benchmarking, Going Beyond Metrics: Communications Strategies by Mike Rothman
- Bold FBI Move Shutters COREFLOOD Bot by Gary Warner
- Cloud Security: Amazon’s EC2 Serves Up ‘Certified Pre-Owned’ Server Images by Alen Puzic
- Independent Lab Tests; Maybe We Dont Like Them To Independent by Alan Shimel
- Filejacking: How to Make a File Server From Your Browser by Krzysztof Kotowicz
Also, during the past week I published the following posts:
- The Random Information Security Job Title Generator
- Could Regulatory Compliance Encourage Weaker Security?
- Context-Specific Signatures for Incident Response (SANS blog)
- APT Cartoon Series: #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5
Looking forward to next week!
For more recommendations, see my earlier security reads of the week.