Here’s a listing of my 5 favorite on-line security articles, papers and blog posts that I read in the past week:
- Assessing Outbound Traffic to Uncover Advanced Persistent Threat by Beth E. Binde, Russ McRee and Terrence J. O’Conno (PDF)
- Protecting Privileged Domain Accounts During Live Response by Mike Pilkington (PDF)
- What the Hack is Going On? by Rik Ferguson
- Porn SMS Senders: Round the Globe by Denis Maslennikov
- The Good Virus: White Knight or Red Queen? by David Harley
Also, during the past week I published the following posts:
- 6 Ideas for a Protean Information Security Architecture
- Asymmetry of People’s Time in Security Incidents
- 6 Qualities of a Good Information Security Assessment Report
- 8 Strategic and Tactical Tips for Detecting a Website Compromise
- 11 Recommendations for Coming Up to Speed on Bitcoin
Also, I was glad to see that Rachel Davis included this blog in her listing of Top 50 Up and Coming IT Blogs. There are some good finds there!
Looking forward to next week!
For more recommendations, see my earlier security reads of the week.