Here’s a listing of my 5 favorite on-line security articles, papers and blog posts that I read in the past week:
- Why Has There Been So Much Hacking Lately? Or Is It Just Reported More? by Stephen Dubner et al.
- The Science of Password Selection by Troy Hunt
- Business Relevant Information Security - The Top and Bottom Lines by Rafal Los
- Dissecting an Active Campaign Targeting America’s Defense Industrial Base and Intel Communities by Invincea Labs
- Trojan Add-On Forces Zombie PCs into Slavery to Mine Bitcoins by RSA FraudAction Research Labs
Also, during the past week I published the following posts:
- The Contagious Smell of Fear in Information Security
- The Use of the Modern Social Web by Malicious Software
- AppLocker for Containing Windows Malware in the Enterprise
- 3 Reasons Why People Choose to Ignore Security Recommendations
- Easy Memory Acquisition with DumpIt for Incident Response
Looking forward to next week!
For more recommendations, see my earlier security reads of the week.