Here’s a listing of my 5 favorite on-line security articles, papers and blog posts that I read in the past week:
- How to Kick Ass in Information Security by Chris Hoff
- Looking Inside a Year of Android Malware by Paulo Passeri
- Inside an APT “Comment Crew” Covert Communications Channel by Greg Hoglund
- 1000 Days of Conficker by Aryeh Goretsky
- So Long, And No Thanks for the Externalities: The Rational Rejection of Security Advice by Users by Cormac Herley (PDF)
Also, during the past week I published the following posts:
- VMware Network Isolation for a Malware Analysis Lab
- How a Data Security Breach Can Be Used for Good PR
- How Antivirus Vendors Describe Their Cloud Capabilities
- Can We Rely on the Antivirus’ Ability to Disinfect a System?
- Psychological Similarities Between Shoplifting and Malicious Hacking
Looking forward to next week!
For more recommendations, see my earlier security reads of the week.