I'm Lenny Zeltser. I transform ideas into successful outcomes, building on my 25 years of experience in cybersecurity. I've created security programs and products that have enabled tech companies to reach their potential.
As the CISO at Axonius, I lead the security program, fostering customer trust and propelling company growth. As a Faculty Fellow at SANS Institute, I author and deliver training for incident responders. My work incorporates what I've learned from real-world experiences, a Computer Science degree from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MBA from MIT Sloan.
My expertise, which spans cybersecurity, IT, and leadership, allows me to create practical solutions that drive business growth. I've done that at several organizations, including the following:
- At Axonius, a growing technology company, I've been leading the security program since its inception.
- At SANS Institute, a leading provider of security training, I created malware analysis training when this field was still unexplored.
- At Minerva Labs, which was acquired by Rapid7, I led product management during the early stages of the firm to build innovative antimalware software.
- At NCR, a global technology provider, I developed a managed security service to help restaurants and retailers that didn't think they could afford security.
- At Savvis, a hosting provider now a part of Lumen, I led security consulting services during the dawn of cloud computing.
I advance security practices through writing, public speaking, and community projects. I was one of the first to earn the prestigious GIAC Security Expert certification. I created (and maintain) the Linux toolkit REMnux, which is used by malware analysts throughout the world.